View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Installed More ram!

Post by Icky Sticky Love on September 12th 2011, 11:06 pm

jooseizon SENRYAKU wrote:
Yiff Me Harder wrote:
Rizen wrote:Why limit yourself? Get as much RAM as you want and its FREE
www.DownloadMoreRAM.com
You're welcome.

I'm sure half the people on this forum are dumb enough to believe that.
now where do I download a graphics card
I just downloaded more Watts for my PSU!
Icky Sticky Love
Shoryuken

View user profile http://youtube.com/emoaznmusician

Back to top Go down

Post by Nett[le]s on September 12th 2011, 11:08 pm

HONORABRE CHAIRMAN wrote:
Yiff Me Harder wrote:
www.DownloadMoreRAM.com
You're welcome.

I need a new case...
Nett[le]s
Leader of Pantsu

View user profile http://desumatch.forumclan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Icky Sticky Love on September 12th 2011, 11:08 pm

Yiff Me Harder wrote:
www.DownloadMoreRAM.com
You're welcome.

I need a new case...
You can download one from amazon.
Icky Sticky Love
Shoryuken

Back to top Go down

Post by cluduswaffles on September 12th 2011, 11:09 pm

Let me download money

cluduswaffles
~Forum Idol~ (moe moe)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nett[le]s on September 12th 2011, 11:12 pm

Cluduswaffles wrote:Let me download money
YOU WOULDN'T STEAL A CAR
Nett[le]s
Leader of Pantsu

Back to top Go down

Post by Icky Sticky Love on September 12th 2011, 11:14 pm

YOU WOULDN'T STEAL A CAR
YOU WOULDNT STEAL A PURSE
Icky Sticky Love
Shoryuken

Back to top Go down

Post by Iggor on September 12th 2011, 11:15 pm

YOU WOULDN'T STEAL A CAR
DEM PIRATES WOOD
Iggor
1G Spammer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by redeyesultim on September 12th 2011, 11:16 pm

Iggor wrote:
YOU WOULDN'T STEAL A CAR
DEM PIRATES WOOD
I'm gonna steal Last's booty. Yeaaaaah.
redeyesultim
Comic Spammer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Icky Sticky Love on September 12th 2011, 11:18 pm

IMA LUV PIRATE AND IM HERE FOR YE BOOTY!
Icky Sticky Love
Shoryuken

Back to top Go down

Post by redeyesultim on September 12th 2011, 11:23 pm

HONORABRE CHAIRMAN wrote:IMA LUV PIRATE AND IM HERE FOR YE BOOTY!

IMA BOARDING YOUR POOP DECK.
redeyesultim
Comic Spammer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Icky Sticky Love on September 12th 2011, 11:24 pm

WAILORD wrote:
HONORABRE CHAIRMAN wrote:IMA LUV PIRATE AND IM HERE FOR YE BOOTY!

IMA BOARDING YOUR POOP DECK.
YE BEST BATTON DOWN YER HATCHES!
Icky Sticky Love
Shoryuken

Back to top Go down

Post by le reddit maymays on September 12th 2011, 11:45 pm

Actually I would steal a car if I was absolutely sure that I wouldn't get caught.

Problem, officer?

le reddit maymays
hurr i'm a hoers

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by cluduswaffles on September 12th 2011, 11:47 pm

You're A Faggot wrote:Actually I would steal a car if I was absolutely sure that I wouldn't get caught.

Problem, officer?

Officer, problem?

cluduswaffles
~Forum Idol~ (moe moe)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Icky Sticky Love on September 12th 2011, 11:48 pm

You're A Faggot wrote:Actually I would steal a car if I was absolutely sure that I wouldn't get caught.

Problem, officer?
Wow, so you'd have to be sure you wouldn't get caught? Who wouldn't if they could do it without getting caught?
Icky Sticky Love
Shoryuken

Back to top Go down

Post by le reddit maymays on September 12th 2011, 11:48 pm

Problem, officer?
Wow, so you'd have to be sure you wouldn't get caught? Who wouldn't if they could do it without getting caught?

Moralfags.

le reddit maymays
hurr i'm a hoers

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Icky Sticky Love on September 12th 2011, 11:50 pm

You're A Faggot wrote:

Problem, officer?

Moralfags.
>Implying they exist
There is only a sense of innocence, or naivety early on in people's lives, and eventually they outgrow it.
Icky Sticky Love
Shoryuken

Back to top Go down

Post by Erik on September 13th 2011, 12:54 am

www.DownloadMoreRAM.com
You're welcome.

I feel like I'm going to like you.
Erik
Banhammer Punching Bag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by redeyesultim on September 13th 2011, 1:57 am

Gordon wrote:
www.DownloadMoreRAM.com
You're welcome.

I feel like I'm going to like you.

Feeling up people as they go. Tis the way of the Geats. Owait they don't exist.
redeyesultim
Comic Spammer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ozzym8 on September 13th 2011, 2:40 am

do we have moralfags here?
ozzym8
God of Spammers

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lolrus007 on September 13th 2011, 10:22 am

My computer's got 6 gigs of 2133mhz ddr3, that is more than enough, and it runs much faster than, for instance 8 gigs of 1333mhz.

Something you need to remember when considering ram. Your computer, I'm going off the one listed above, has a l1 - l3 cache, what this means is that 90% of the time, when your computer uses ram normally, it's going to use the l1 cache, assuming it's not full, next, 90% of the time after that, so 9% of the time, it's going to use the l2 cache, instead of ram, if the l1 cache didn't contain what it needed, or was full. Following this, the l3 cache is going to be used 90% of the time if both of those fail / are full, so .9% of the time. This leaves .1 % of the time where your computer will be using the actual ram. Now lets take this a step further, if your ram is full your computer will usually use virtual memory, memory stored on the hard drive to act as ram, I'm not sure of the percentage of time it uses this, and it is slightly slower, but we can assume that this leaves ram being used about .8 % of the time on that computer.

Now I realize the cache is tiny compared to the ram, and the size of the virtual memory you could have (I've used up to 120 gigs of virtual memory before, just because I wasn't using the terabyte hard drive it was on) but you have to remember the way the processor allocates it's space is a lot more efficient then you may think.

Unless your computer's ram is literally being maxed constantly, and at that point you should see if increasing the page file (virtual memory) before buying more ram, even though page file is slower, (cache is as fast as the processor, ram is as fast as either the motherboard connection, or the ram's speed, whichever's slower, and the virtual memory is the slowest, but usually can be exponentially larger than either) the thing that will in most cases speed the computer up the most is buying a newer processor, depending on the issue, and as long as the motherboard can handle it.

lolrus007
Forum Noob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alkasirn on September 13th 2011, 10:50 am

lolrus007 wrote:My computer's got 6 gigs of 2133mhz ddr3, that is more than enough, and it runs much faster than, for instance 8 gigs of 1333mhz.

Something you need to remember when considering ram. Your computer, I'm going off the one listed above, has a l1 - l3 cache, what this means is that 90% of the time, when your computer uses ram normally, it's going to use the l1 cache, assuming it's not full, next, 90% of the time after that, so 9% of the time, it's going to use the l2 cache, instead of ram, if the l1 cache didn't contain what it needed, or was full. Following this, the l3 cache is going to be used 90% of the time if both of those fail / are full, so .9% of the time. This leaves .1 % of the time where your computer will be using the actual ram. Now lets take this a step further, if your ram is full your computer will usually use virtual memory, memory stored on the hard drive to act as ram, I'm not sure of the percentage of time it uses this, and it is slightly slower, but we can assume that this leaves ram being used about .8 % of the time on that computer.

Now I realize the cache is tiny compared to the ram, and the size of the virtual memory you could have (I've used up to 120 gigs of virtual memory before, just because I wasn't using the terabyte hard drive it was on) but you have to remember the way the processor allocates it's space is a lot more efficient then you may think.

Unless your computer's ram is literally being maxed constantly, and at that point you should see if increasing the page file (virtual memory) before buying more ram, even though page file is slower, (cache is as fast as the processor, ram is as fast as either the motherboard connection, or the ram's speed, whichever's slower, and the virtual memory is the slowest, but usually can be exponentially larger than either) the thing that will in most cases speed the computer up the most is buying a newer processor, depending on the issue, and as long as the motherboard can handle it.
Har har, my last computer depended on virtual memory any time it was doing something more than just idling.
Alkasirn
Forum Elite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nett[le]s on September 13th 2011, 12:56 pm

Alkasirn wrote:
lolrus007 wrote:My computer's got 6 gigs of 2133mhz ddr3, that is more than enough, and it runs much faster than, for instance 8 gigs of 1333mhz.

Har har, my last computer depended on virtual memory any time it was doing something more than just idling.
That sounds like the computer I started CA on. lololol.
Shitty Dell laptop that lagged even in MS Word.
Nett[le]s
Leader of Pantsu

Back to top Go down

Post by lolrus007 on September 13th 2011, 2:16 pm

Alkasirn wrote:

Sounds also like my first desktop, 1.8ghz single core, with a 128 mb 5500 nvidia video card, that thing ran about as well as a dead horse, and towards the end crashed on running chrome.

lolrus007
Forum Noob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alkasirn on September 13th 2011, 2:18 pm

Alkasirn wrote:

Lucky, my old comp couldn't even handle installing CA. Not to mention playing it.
Alkasirn
Forum Elite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 1Pantsu on September 13th 2011, 7:35 pm

1.2ghz celeron, 256 MB sdram, ati rage 128 pro, windows 98 se. i still remember playing runescape and maplestory on it back in middle school.
1Pantsu
Lolicon
Lolicon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: