Can I has feedback?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can I has feedback?

Post by Careyious on September 4th 2012, 9:22 am

So, these are my new less-shitty sketches.
Spoiler:

Is rushed, I know, I just didn't have the patience or energy to put a second hour into it.

Update:

I know I didn't shade much (or at all), but it was done because I'll probably use photoshop to colour it in for my cover page since my old one is with my shittier drawings.

Edit: Also, scanner doesn't want to pick up detail properly.

Last edited by Shooting Huesar Dargon on September 12th 2012, 10:36 am; edited 3 times in total
Careyious
Spammer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Can I has feedback?

Post by CrimsonScuba on September 4th 2012, 2:26 pm

2nd dragon looks very happy, ra looks good, other two look good as well but idk if they are supposed to have skinny bellys and whatnot.
CrimsonScuba
BUSINESS KARAOKE ADMIN GUY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Icky Sticky Love on September 4th 2012, 2:53 pm

I'd say try to move on from the point you're at right now. You have basic line art down decently, so try to add depth in a variety of ways.

The most obvious way is shading. I'm not talking make one leg dark, and leave the other normal. Everything is shaded except for the brightest highlights. Establish a light source and work from light to dark. Then go back later with an eraser and manually add in highlights. And something to remember if you do try this road is that real things don't have outlines. So if one part of the dragon is very bright, it shouldn't have a very visible outline. The outline should be the same color as the color around it. So when you sketch your initial outline, keep it all very light so the shading doesn't look weird. This will take a lot of time and practice, but its worth it.

The other option is if you're satisfied with just line art, work on adding depth just with lines. If something in the drawing is reaching out or closer to you than another part, then that object will have a darker and thicker outline. Then as things recede into the background of the picture, the lines fade and become less visible. In a single object like a dragon, it won't be too pronounced of a fading but it will make a difference. Also, pay attention to line weight throughout the entire image. Lines that don't exist (line that define muscle, etc) shouldn't be as thick or heavy as a real line, such as a jaw.

I'll answer questions if you have any. I have a fair amount of experience with sketching.
Icky Sticky Love
Shoryuken

View user profile http://youtube.com/emoaznmusician

Back to top Go down

Post by ozzym8 on September 4th 2012, 9:29 pm

Icky Sticky Love wrote:I'd say try to move on from the point you're at right now. You have basic line art down decently, so try to add depth in a variety of ways.

The most obvious way is shading. I'm not talking make one leg dark, and leave the other normal. Everything is shaded except for the brightest highlights. Establish a light source and work from light to dark. Then go back later with an eraser and manually add in highlights. And something to remember if you do try this road is that real things don't have outlines. So if one part of the dragon is very bright, it shouldn't have a very visible outline. The outline should be the same color as the color around it. So when you sketch your initial outline, keep it all very light so the shading doesn't look weird. This will take a lot of time and practice, but its worth it.

The other option is if you're satisfied with just line art, work on adding depth just with lines. If something in the drawing is reaching out or closer to you than another part, then that object will have a darker and thicker outline. Then as things recede into the background of the picture, the lines fade and become less visible. In a single object like a dragon, it won't be too pronounced of a fading but it will make a difference. Also, pay attention to line weight throughout the entire image. Lines that don't exist (line that define muscle, etc) shouldn't be as thick or heavy as a real line, such as a jaw.

I'll answer questions if you have any. I have a fair amount of experience with sketching.
wow what the fuck
ozzym8
God of Spammers

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by le reddit maymays on September 4th 2012, 9:49 pm

ozzym8 wrote:
Icky Sticky Love wrote:I'd say try to move on from the point you're at right now. You have basic line art down decently, so try to add depth in a variety of ways.

wow what the fuck is this faggot smoking

le reddit maymays
hurr i'm a hoers

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Icky Sticky Love on September 5th 2012, 2:06 am

niggas l2art
Icky Sticky Love
Shoryuken

View user profile http://youtube.com/emoaznmusician

Back to top Go down

Post by 1Pantsu on September 5th 2012, 2:29 am

i would respect the opinion of an art major
1Pantsu
Lolicon
Lolicon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by le reddit maymays on September 5th 2012, 10:57 am

1Pantsu wrote:i would respect the opinion of an art major

That makes you a queer.

le reddit maymays
hurr i'm a hoers

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cold on September 6th 2012, 9:20 pm

He said everything that I was about to write about the shading and such . u .
Cold
Forum User

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by le reddit maymays on September 6th 2012, 9:35 pm

Panda wrote:

What is everybody smoking and how can I make sure it never gets anywhere near me?

le reddit maymays
hurr i'm a hoers

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonScuba on September 6th 2012, 11:39 pm

Icelandic Sheep wrote:
Panda wrote:

What is everybody smoking and how can I make sure it never gets anywhere near me?

Not smoking, it's meth, don't go to Albuquerque.
CrimsonScuba
BUSINESS KARAOKE ADMIN GUY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by le reddit maymays on September 6th 2012, 11:45 pm

Mega wrote:
Icelandic Sheep wrote:
Panda wrote:

Not smoking, it's meth, don't go to Albuquerque.

Ok thanks sexy.

le reddit maymays
hurr i'm a hoers

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 1Pantsu on September 6th 2012, 11:50 pm

Icelandic Sheep wrote:What is everybody smoking and how can I make sure it never gets anywhere near me?
air, it keeps my brain thinking straight *shrug*
1Pantsu
Lolicon
Lolicon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Careyious on September 12th 2012, 10:33 am

Damn you Stardust Dragon /Assault Mode! Why are you so damned hard to draw.
Careyious
Spammer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by redeyesultim on September 12th 2012, 5:09 pm

Shooting Huesar Dargon wrote:Damn you Stardust Dragon /Assault Mode! Why are you so damned hard to draw.
You obviously didn't make them sparkle bro, thats why they're so hard to draw.
redeyesultim
Comic Spammer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum