Nexon Gunna Get Raped

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Nexon Gunna Get Raped

Post by le reddit maymays on October 14th 2011, 4:06 pm

Oh look. The legal system finally got on a point I made when StoneGold was still censoring everything.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/09/22/nexon-ncsoft-refuse-to-fully-cooperate-with-south-korean-mmo-ga

South Korean MMO makers are under the Game Rating Board's microscope for allegedly obstructing an investigation related to MMORPG gambling. The ratings board has questions regarding real-world money transactions that offer a chance at valuable in-game items, and a veritable who's who of Korean development firms are refusing to fully cooperate, according to This Is Game.

NCsoft, Nexon, and HanbitSoft are just a few of the companies mentioned in the report, and while the publishers have given up item names, costs, and other details related to the transactions, the companies are thus far refusing to divulge information on payout percentages.

GRB chairman Soo Keun Lee says that his organization is simply trying to determine the legality of RMT transactions using a set of gambling standards adopted by South Korea in 2008. "Game companies ask us why GRB tries to touch their business model and [they] refuse our request[s]," he said.

le reddit maymays
hurr i'm a hoers

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nexon Gunna Get Raped

Post by Rizen on October 14th 2011, 4:11 pm

Items based on chance in games are sort of niggery.
I honestly don't care, but it's pretty fucking stupid to have them in the first place. Not stupid for the company, but stupid in legal standards.
Maybe Nexon will have to remove the items, I mean they're only there for profit, which they make plenty enough of.
Rizen
Spammer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by le reddit maymays on October 14th 2011, 4:12 pm

Rizen wrote:Items based on chance in games are sort of niggery.
I honestly don't care, but it's pretty fucking stupid to have them in the first place. Not stupid for the company, but stupid in legal standards.
Maybe Nexon will have to remove the items, I mean they're only there for profit, which they make plenty enough of.

You need to realize just how much of Nexon's profit comes from the items that would be removed though.

Maple is obviously Nexon's largest source of income, and guess what most of their sales on Maple are?

Gachapon tickets, and Miracle Cubes. Both of which fall under this.

le reddit maymays
hurr i'm a hoers

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rizen on October 14th 2011, 4:22 pm

Their sales would only drop by like 15%.
People who are willing to spend a fuckload on games will still spend a fuckload on games.
And for the 2 times I actually bought NX, I just used it on items I wanted to specifically buy, not some random stuff.
Honestly they should prohibit this in most games.
It's bad enough that some people get really addicted to these, but some also spend all of their money on it.
They'd still waste their money on other things because they're dumbfucks though.

They make more than enough to keep their staff well-paid and continuously provide their service/update these games, it would only be a matter of losing some profit that the niggers who own it all get.
Rizen
Spammer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Icky Sticky Love on October 14th 2011, 4:38 pm

Its really taken this long for legal action to come about?
Icky Sticky Love
Shoryuken

View user profile http://youtube.com/emoaznmusician

Back to top Go down

Post by KaiserBlade on October 14th 2011, 6:34 pm

HONORABRE CHAIRMAN wrote:Its really taken this long for legal action to come about?
The laws in South Korea differ on gambling than in the US.

I'm guessing the only reason Nexon's in the boat for not cooperating is because they're doing something shady and probably figured that someone found out HOW their chance items are rigged, (for CA, WRK, MYST-insertmilitaryalphabetletter, MYST-G, and the like).

They should be thankful they're not based in Germany, where the gambling laws there are EXTREMELY vague.
KaiserBlade
Forum God

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/Soundninja18?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by Baka on October 16th 2011, 10:47 am

The restore patch is going to improve the chances in WRK and hisecs.
Baka
Spammer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KaiserBlade on October 16th 2011, 2:15 pm

かなで wrote:The restore patch is going to improve the chances in WRK and hisecs.
'Improve,' meaning Nexon's not going to increase the odds of getting higher durations of anything much. Only enough to say, "We improved the odds of WRK increasing duration on your NX weapons for permanent!"

Besides, Restore's already a fail patch, since it isn't even restoring anything. Just a rehashed Enhance.
KaiserBlade
Forum God

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/Soundninja18?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum